Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our Happy Home :)

I am so lucky because I live in the cutest house with the best roommates possible! I've always loved cute little old houses and now I get to live in one! complete with arched doorways, a laundry chute, a mail slot that comes into a little nook in our house, and leaky bathrooms! :) I love it. My roommates are so wonderful as well. Our house is so peaceful and they are all really good girls. It's so nice to be able to go home to great friends.

We also have a really nice back yard complete with a little porch (modeled by Libby) that has a swing and a picnic table! We even have an apple tree and our very own clothesline and a greenhouse! which I'm sure will be very useful to us in so many ways :)

I have to admit I even love our tacky kitchen wallpaper that is orange and sage green and involves random things like watering pots and chickens (fully feathered and beaked!) in pans. Thanks to Grammy Marilyn for the cute curtains and flower arrangement on the table. It makes it so cozy. :) Oh p.s. we have an ironing board that folds down out of the wall on the end of the table not shown in the picture. I'm definitely going to have to make use of the oppurtunity for a candlelight dinner inspired by Little Rascals.
I'll have to take some pictures of my room so I can show my cute ribbon/picture wall that I created. Decorating is so fun!
School this semester so far has been fun just so busy! I started my practicum in a sixth grade class at the middle school, so between that and working as a piano accompanist in the morning I'm there pretty much all the time! My life seems to revolve around that age group a lot these days.... It's fun though. Student government is going alright although I do feel a teeny bit burned out. There are so many activities and we're even busy on the weekends. It would be nice if we could just insert a week long vacation with absolutely nothing to think about so my brain could have a rest. If I wasn't such a worry wart and perfectionist it would probably be better so I'm working on that. I have met lots of people and made so many new friends though! That's the fun part. :)
Well I better run because we're putting on a memorial tonight for September 11th. I can't believe it's been 7 years already. I am so grateful to be in this country! I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Jami said...

I am so happy that you put pictures of your cute house on your blog! I completely agree--it's perfect for you all. You are going to have so much FUN and tons of memories you'll never forget.

It's wonderful to have an update. You are SO busy, and it's wonderful to know what is new in your life. I love you tons and you are gorgeous inside and outside.