I finished my second week of efy! Yay!! This week seemed to go so much more smoothly, probably because I actually knew sort of what I was doing! My girls this week were amazing though! I felt so blessed. I didn't even have to worry about them at all and their testimonies were a huge inspiration to my own! I was at Utah State in Logan and I wish I would have taken pictures of my dorm room and the cafeteria food so that you could all feel sorry for me. :) ha ha jk. It was pretty bad though! Besides the food and living conditions the week was so good! Our session director, Bro. Chidester, was so thoughtful and personable and I felt like so many of my prayers I've had lately were answered! I feel like a new woman. :) It was definitely a testimony builder that the Lord is aware of our struggles and what we need to help us along the way. So anway, here are some pictures of me with my girls on pizza night. We were feeling just a little bit silly...

My co-counselor McKenna was so cute and we had a lot of fun together. She reminded me so much of my friend Katie and it made me miss her but we laughed a LOT throughout the week. I love friends like that who you can just be silly with! We felt like little kids again and it helped relieve the stress of taking care of so many 14 year olds for a week.

Picture time with our company....no I didn't realize that I was wearing the same outfit that I wore at my last efy company's picture time. Maybe I can make it a tradition! :) ha ha jk
My girls:
All the girls in our company:

How most of our week really was spent:
Our whole company "Under A Bushel" (that was our name):
And one of the best parts my trip was after EFY was over and I got to visit my BFF Jami!! It was so fun to hang out with her again! We only got a short visit and I felt bad because I was exhausted and spent a good portion of my time with her sleeping...but it was still wonderful just to see her again. She is so thoughtful and remembered pretty much every favorite food I think I've ever mentioned liking. It felt so good to be with a friend who I know cares about me so much. It was a good reminder that the little thoughtful things you do are what show how much you really love someone. She always makes me want to be a better person whenever I'm around her! Hopefully I can be more like her and love people that same way.

While I was in Idaho I also got to visit my friend Chase's ranch in Leadore and I wish so bad that I had taken my camera because it was soooo beautiful!! There were green rolling hills with yellow and purple wildflowers everywhere and streams going through bunches of Aspen trees and a reservoir we visited in the mountains with pine trees all around it...it was incredible. It reminded me a lot of Hatch only bigger and with more grass. I loved it :)
Oh p.s. I forgot to mention that I sang the theme song all by myself in front of 400 people! It was scary but fun! :)
2 comments:
It was good to see you the other day before you had to head home! Hopefully we can hang out when you girls come up for the fashion show.
i heard about your theme song accomplishment, that is awesome! I'm impressed, i would've been way too scared to do that.
p.s. i hope jami had lots of PICKLES for you! ;) haha i'm sure she did.
Yay! You updated your blog :D The coolest thing about this entry is that I have heard some of your EFY stories IN PERSON, which is something that sadly doesn't happen enough. It was a blast having you here for a few days. Short, but I'll take anything I can get.
Love you! Jami
Post a Comment