Thursday, May 7, 2009

For Christmas this year the girls in our family got tickets to Wicked so we had a girls weekend and went to see it right after my finals ended last weekend. It was kind of crazy getting all cleaned and moved out early enough to leave on Friday afternoon but it was so worth it! We had a blast!
The fun began with dinner at The Mayan. What a fun restaurant! We decided it reminds us a lot of the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. It wasn't too hard to keep ourselves entertained during the wait for an available table.


We were so full afterwards as you can see from Shannon and Aubree's facial expressions below. :) It was delicious though! A very HUGE special thanks to Cherene for the meal!!! After dinner it was off to the Capitol Theatre for the show! It was amazing!!!! I was not disappointed even one tiny bit. The actresses voices were incredible and the girl who played Glinda was hilarious! I laughed so hard I cried at one part. It was especially funny during the song "Popular" because she was spazzing out and then when she threw her wand up in the air it got caught in the props! I guess you had to be there to experience the funniness but even the actresses started laughing and acted like they didn't know what to do for a minute. Finally Glinda just flopped on the bed and after recomposing themselves they went on with the show. I loved the plot and the clever script and the music and basically almost everything about it. Another HUGE special thanks to Cherene and Kris for the t-shirt and program!!



I think chandeliers are so pretty so I had to take a picture of this one...especially because it was hanging from a giant golf ball! Ok so it wasn't really a golf ball but it looked like one! You can sort of see it in the picture. It was hard to get a good picture with the lighting and everything.

After the show it was crazy with all the people trying to get out of the theatre so we went out the fire exit and ended up in this alley. It was a fun little shortcut!

2 comments:

Angie said...

you girls are all so cute and fun! that looks like it was a blast! i love wicked, you made me so excited to see it again! glad you all had fun on your wicked adventure!!

Sharla said...

Looks like you had a great time and I am so glad it met your expectations and you were thrilled with even the decor! It is all very Wonderful, as the Wizard would say!