Monday, June 29, 2009

Mason + Miralva

Finally after many hours of attempting to load the pictures it worked!! Yay! :) These are the pictures from Mason and Miralva's wedding which took place June 20, 2009. They didn't have a professional photographer so I did the best I could to get them some pictures of their wedding day to put up at their reception and to keep. I was having some troubles working with the lighting and the shadows, and I don't have all the settings figured out yet on my camera, but this is what I came up with and I think some of them turned out alright. Aubree and Casey also helped out.
It was a beautiful day and I'm so happy for Mason and Miralva. She is a sweetheart and I'm excited to have her as a sister-in-law. They were sealed for eternity in the St. George temple. Isn't it cool that that's possible?! They will be a family forever now. I love happily ever afters. :) It's been so fun to see my best friend, my cousins, and now my brother find theirs. Mace and Miralva were so happy!!






















The picture below is with Miralva's sister Laura and her husband Adam. I tried to get some pictures with Miralva's parents but they didn't turn out unfortunately.










After the temple we drove back to our church in Cedar City for the luncheon and ring exchange. The ceremony was in Spanish for Miralva's family but I picked up some of it and Casey told me that the branch president mainly talked about how important the sealing ceremony is. It was kind of cool to watch!



The lighting in the church was kind of dark so I had a hard time getting clear shots, but here's a picture of Miralva's mom, dad, and little sister (the flower girl on the right).



These are the table decorations we came up with for the luncheon. We have awesome family members who are always willing to share and pitch in to help! Thank you for the candles, vases, lacy tablecloth things, salads, desserts, etc.!


The reception was that evening at our stake center. There was a line from 6 to 7, dinner from 7 to 8, and dancing until 9. Even though we were kind of tired from the rest of the day it was a fun time!













My favorite part of the reception would have to be the garter and bouquet dances. I guess this is a traditional thing they do at Mexican weddings and I thought it was quite entertaining. I uploaded a video of the single men doing to the garter dance and the bouquet dance was similar only with the single girls doing the dancing of course. My favorite part of the video is the enthusiasm you can see in Cameron's step. :) hee hee

I didn't catch the bouquet. In the end I was kind of glad because Casey didn't catch the garter. The "catchees" danced together and I would rather not dance with a strange single man.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Hurray, I've been wanting to see some wedding pictures! I'm sad I couldn't be there. You did such a great job! I would be stressed to take pictures for such an important event, but these turned out great. Looks like it was a beautiful day.

Sharla said...

Your mom and I just looked thru these together and loved everyone of them! You did an awesome job and I was especially glad to see them since we missed out on the Cedar City events! Way to go, you rock once again!

Jami said...

Wow, Sheralee! I have several things to say: first, AMAZING job on the pictures. They are beautiful, and I am so impressed. Second, you are so beautiful! I know I tell you that all the time, but it's just true. Third, I'm so excited for Mason and Miralva and for you to be a sister-in-law. I love my sisters-in-law and it is an amazing opportunity to love someone else as much as you love your family. It looks like you already do.

The decorations were gorgeous, the pictures wonderful, and hey, I loved the cake! It looked exactly like mine with different colored ribbon. Awesome. Yay for temple marriages (and double yay for the St. George temple)!

Thanks for being so determined to put the pictures on your blog. Sorry about the frustration, but I'm so happy to have been part of it.

Heather Rae said...

I think you did a fantastic job with those pictures! I think it's so amazing at how much everyone pitched in to help make their wedding day especially beautiful and special. It's so cool! I love reading your blog! It makes me smile.