Monday, August 24, 2009

I'm officially back in school! I wasn't sure if I was ready for summer to be over but it's been a lot of fun socializing now that most of our friends are back. We had a fun weekend before coming back though so this is an update of that!
Saturday morning we moved the cows on the range. Funny story! Before we got the horses unloaded from the trailers there were a couple of cows by Panguitch Lake so I volunteered Casey and I to herd them on foot through a fence and across the road. We got them through the gate and everything was going great. They were going kind of fast and we needed to get around them so I started jogging. I was talking to Casey over my shoulder, while jogging....not a good idea for me to do that much multitasking I guess :), when all of a sudden my foot caught on a sagebrush. It probably wouldn't have been a problem if my other foot had realized what was going on and hadn't tried to keep running. I ended up flat on my face. Well not quite flat on my face, luckily I had just enough time to sort of put my arms out first. It was quite graceful. Casey described it as looking like I "dove" into the dirt. It was so so funny looking! Actually I have no idea what it looked like, because it was me of course, but it felt very funny looking.
Other than that everything went smoothly and a fun time was had by all!


I may or may not have gotten (is gotten an actual word?...something is telling me it's probably not) a little bored and started taken pictures of random things. I had a really interesting thought process going on about the things that seem really common place to me that I see a lot, that would be completely foreign, fascinating, and maybe even disgusting to someone else. Like a dried up cow pie for example.


We found the cutest little horny toad I've ever seen! It was so tiny.Later in the day I got to try out my new climbing shoes!! They are so cool. I got to design how I wanted the rubber to look and what colors it would be and everything. Not only are they very cute, but they are also very helpful and effective to climb in and I got them for 60% off their normal price!I took a quite a few pictures of Casey bouldering and I couldn't decide which one I liked best so I just put them all on here. This is the face of intense, hard climbing.

Next time I'm thinking I should probably try the tongue thing. That must be the secret to success.

On Sunday afternoon I was privileged to attend the Oquirrh Mountain Utah temple dedication.

I am so grateful I got to go. The spirit was amazing, especially when the prophet walked in, during the Hosanna shout, and when we sang the Spirit of God. It was truly like a fire was burning! I love the feeling of determination and passion for the Gospel that fills my soul at special occasions like that. It makes me want to go out and shout from the rooftop so that everyone knows what a truly amazing and wonderful thing the gospel is! I think I needed something like that before starting back into a busy school schedule. Something to charge my battery a little I guess. :) I also am so grateful for the Priesthood and for my dad. My dad is an amazing man. I don't think he gets enough credit for all he does. Every year he gives us a back-to-school fathers blessing and every year it amazes me how it is so perfect for what I am feeling. I'm glad that I have a dad who lives so that he can bless me with what my Father in Heaven knows I need. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of each one of us and cares about all of our hopes, desires, worries, and situations. I've had so many little miracles in my life that teach me that is true. I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life! I am so blessed, way beyond measure.

2 comments:

Aubree said...

hahaha that story made me think of that one time in havasupi (however that is spelled) you know what im talking about ;) hehe goodtimes goodgood times

Angie said...

I love you, I love this post, I love your testimony you shared. I love the pictures on the range with the horses. Makes me miss it so much, and brings back such great memories! I love you guys and your family.