First I went on a fishing trip with my family to celebrate my brother Mason's birthday. We camped at Pine Lake Reservoir.
There's a really fun 4 wheeler trail there that mom, Aubs, and I went on.

Dad was the most successful fisherman, catching 3 at Pine Lake and a huge one at the Willowbottoms we hiked to later on in the weekend.
We spent one day at Bryce Canyon hiking and enjoying the scenery.

The water in our camp trailer was coming out a little pink but we didn't think anything of it until Aubree experienced a huge mysterious growth spurt!! I knew she shouldn't have used it to brush her teeth! :)
Woops! Should've put that sign a little sooner on the trail!

One evening we rode our bikes around the lake and saw the most beautiful sunset! The sky was glowing orange and the lake looked like it was glowing. I tried to capture it with my camera but it didn't really work. You can sort of tell it looked really cool though.
There are so many pretty wildflowers everywhere this year!
Dad was the most successful fisherman, catching 3 at Pine Lake and a huge one at the Willowbottoms we hiked to later on in the weekend.
Our last day we went on a short hike to the Willowbottom lakes in the Boulders. Very green!
Mom, Dad, Aubree, Cam and Miralva all caught big fish! I unfortunately didn't catch anything.
I got a little bored with my lack of success but got this cool picture of my view from where I was laying on the grass.
On our way home the trailer brakes started smoking so we had made a little stop in the middle of nowhere. Aubree and I kept ourselves entertained by taking pictures. 
...the most comfortable mattresses and pillows ever!...
...and a swimming pool!
The reason we went to Vegas is all thanks to my very awesome Aunt Cherene. She is honestly one of the most generous, kind, funny, Christlike, amazing women in the whole world. I hope someday I can be the kind of teacher, aunt, friend, and person that she is! She bought us all tickets to see the Lion King musical at Mandalay Bay for our Christmas presents.

We had fun mimicking the masks. hee hee

The next Monday we headed to Vegas! We got to stay in a hotel which I loved just because I love staying in hotels. Also because there were towels folded so fancifully....
....the big screen t.v. to watch in bed....
We had fun mimicking the masks. hee hee
Don't tell we took this picture but you have to see how incredible the costuming was! Look it up on the internet because it is amazing and you will never see anything like it. We loved the show!!!
Since we were already there we made a stop at the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay. They had this really cool sign projected on the wall that rippled like water when you walked in front of it!
They gave us these little radio type things that looked like tv remotes and at every exhibit we could press the corresponding numbers and listen to information about the animals. Very cool.
We got to pet stingrays! I was surprised at how soft, smooth, and almost velvety they feel! 

And then I got to go on my first legit backpacking expedition! Casey's family planned a backpacking trip to Kings Peak, the highest mountain in Utah. I was kind of nervous about the hike because the only backpacking I've ever done was my 4th year hike for girls camp and we only went 10 miles. I am so glad I went though because it was incredibly beautiful.I did ok with the 3 days of hiking and I was only sore for a day!
We started off the adventure in beautiful, hot, sunny weather worthy of shorts and t-shirts.
Pretty soon the rain gear came out of the packs! We ended up stopping a mile earlier than planned to set up camp on the first day because it was storming so bad. We found a great little spot sheltered in the trees with a stream close by so it worked out great.

The second day we made our journey to the top! We were slightly worried about storms but it ended up being a perfect day of weather.

The rocks there were so cool!! They are kind of a purply color with white stripes through them. Some had black stripes and green spots but I liked the white striped ones the best! They were very cool looking. I seriously considered dumping all of my gear out and leaving it so I'd have enough room and strength to carry one home for Grammys rock garden. :) She would've loved them!

This is the one I wanted to take home. I probably could've managed it in my pack right? :)

Rocks everywhere!! This is only about halfway on the second day. I wish I would've taken pictures of the rocks at the top because there are so many you just have to climb over them. The trail disappears and there are just giant rocks everywhere!

This was the first steep section we encountered. See the little people way below?

The last mile was like a giant stair stepper. Talk about a workout! I was exhausted after climbing over all the rocks but at last we made it and the view was breathtaking.

This is a view of the valley where our base camp was. We took a shortcut down through the pass you can see starting at the bottom of the picture (it's called Anderson Pass).
It's hard to tell from the pictures how steep it was.
This is a view looking back at the pass we came down.
There were streams and lakes everywhere. Probably because it rains so much! It was really, really pretty. I wish everyone could go there and bask in the beauty of it.
That night I hardly slept thanks to the lightning lighting up my tent, the thunder clapping, and the wind howling. When we woke up it was foggy and freezing so we hurried to pack up camp and hike out of there! We had a cold but very beautiful hike back in the hail and snow. I have to admit I was kind of glad it stormed because it looked so pretty and really only added to the adventurousness of the trip. :)
And then I got to go on my first legit backpacking expedition! Casey's family planned a backpacking trip to Kings Peak, the highest mountain in Utah. I was kind of nervous about the hike because the only backpacking I've ever done was my 4th year hike for girls camp and we only went 10 miles. I am so glad I went though because it was incredibly beautiful.I did ok with the 3 days of hiking and I was only sore for a day!
The second day we made our journey to the top! We were slightly worried about storms but it ended up being a perfect day of weather.
The rocks there were so cool!! They are kind of a purply color with white stripes through them. Some had black stripes and green spots but I liked the white striped ones the best! They were very cool looking. I seriously considered dumping all of my gear out and leaving it so I'd have enough room and strength to carry one home for Grammys rock garden. :) She would've loved them!
This is the one I wanted to take home. I probably could've managed it in my pack right? :)
Rocks everywhere!! This is only about halfway on the second day. I wish I would've taken pictures of the rocks at the top because there are so many you just have to climb over them. The trail disappears and there are just giant rocks everywhere!
This was the first steep section we encountered. See the little people way below?
The last mile was like a giant stair stepper. Talk about a workout! I was exhausted after climbing over all the rocks but at last we made it and the view was breathtaking.
This is a view of the valley where our base camp was. We took a shortcut down through the pass you can see starting at the bottom of the picture (it's called Anderson Pass).
3 comments:
WOW! I don't have enough words to say in response to such an awesome post! But I LOVED all your pictures and thought so many of them were SO beautiful!! And I'm so jealous of all the amazing, beautiful places you've been able to visit! I've missed being in nature so much this summer! I'm very happy you've had so much fun. I love you!
OK, so your cute mom told me to scroll down and catch the amazing pictures of your latest summer adventures and Wow! That was an incredible journey I just took. We are so blessed to live where we do and have the opportunities we do. I am so happy you guys are loving the trailer. We had so many happy time in the terry! What a great ending to your summer. You are the bomb Sheralee. They call it the King for a reason. Gotta love Kings Peak!!
That trip was so much fun! glad you came:) hey check out my blog! i just made one for my shirt business! So for anyone who wants a custom made shirt please go to my blog! Thanks so much!
Post a Comment