Tuesday, February 2, 2010

busy busy

This semester has definitely been keeping me busy! I feel like I've been in school for at least three months and it's only been one! I am enjoying it though. I have been doing my practicum hours in an elementary school with a reading specialist and an extended day kindergarten class. I love working with my kindergarten reading group in the morning! They have been progressing so well the last couple of weeks and it's really rewarding. Plus they are darling. :) The afternoon has been a lot more challenging than I thought was possible, but I am learning. Last Friday we got to do a fun thing called Kids College at another elementary school and I taught Biology to a 4th grade class. We did experiments involving the five senses and it was a blast! I think I might actually really love teaching older grades... hmm. I think I will enjoy it wherever I end up. Cherene I know you'll probably read this, I would love to get together with you soon and discuss teaching techniques, etc. (For those of you who may not already realize this, my aunt Cherene is an amazing teacher!! I am lucky to have so many good examples in my family!)
So anyway, I'm in the computer lab working on a few of my many projects and thought I should post a little something. Someday I'll do a longer one.
Here's a picture I took on campus at lunch one day. Big trees are so pretty, especially when they're all frosted with snow!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Teaching sounds like such a rewarding job. You are the perfect person to do it! I'm so happy for you that you're doing something you love so much.

Cherene said...

Lee,
I'd like nothing more than getting together to "talk shop"!

Aubree said...

I need to hear more stories! i feel a little out of the loop these days ;) wonder why....

Sharla said...

Oh I remember the block and student teaching at the North Elementary! I remember feeling the spirit while teaching math and thinking, Wow! Heavenly Father really cares about these kids and what they are learning and I want to be a part of it!!

I see an amazing teacher starting to blossem!! You come from a long line of amazing teachers and women who love children. It is a gift!!