Wednesday, July 16, 2008
help!
I'm on student government for SUU this next year on the Activities board and I need help! I'm in charge of a lot of activities, one of which is called Thunder Night that we'll be doing once a month and I need help coming up with ideas. It will basically just be like a "field night" type of thing for students to come and hang out and de-stress but I'm not sure exactly what to do. We have a field scheduled that is about the size of a football field and some of our ideas have been ultimate frizbee, flag football, snowman building contest (in the winter of course), etc. I have a $1000 budget for each semester so I need to think of cheap things that would be fun for a big group of students so if you have any ideas please please please let me know! Thanks :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey girl!
One of the most fun things I've seen is Human Foosball. You just get a few lengths of PVC pipe and have everyone hold on to one of them. They have to move together side to side while playing soccer! So that's one idea. Also, water kickball/baseball (using baby pools as the bases and a slip-n-slide tarp into home base) and marshmallow wars using PVC pipe blowers (amazing how useful that stuff is), but that leaves a mess, I realize.
Hope that helps! Love ya!
Hi. My name is Dan. Jami told me I should tell you some of the things I've done up here at BYU-Idaho. I've been involved with the Activities Program here for a long time and I've done/been part of a lot of fun/crazy/interesting things. I'll post some of my favorite things we've done below:
Iron Chef: teams of two guys and two girls, given one hour, with the secret ingredient supplied by the judges. We had a tournament with over 20 teams and lots of people ready to eat the food.
Redneck Roundup: Everything we could think of having to do with rednecks. We had bull riding and tons of redneck games.
International Food and Dance Festival: Cultures around the world are given opportunity to display a native dance and share traditional food.
Pinewood Derby: It's more fun if teams are given random materials and a time limit, and they have to make the car on the spot.
The Amazing Race: The race takes place on campus and all the challenges relate to the history of the school or the area.
Art Workshops: Art majors teach workshops about oil painting, water color, charcoal drawing, etc.
Well, those are just a few of the many, many things I've been involved with. If you need more ideas, I have a lot (not many good ones, but still a lot).
Post a Comment