Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Howl - Happy Halloween!

This year my Halloween was spent putting on The Howl Halloween party at SUU. I'm not going to lie, I've been kind of dreading this activity since I started working on the student activities board, but it turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would. We had a concert with two bands, a dance, a mentalist, wax hands, a photo booth, and cartoon artists doing caricatures of people. We had about 1700 people show up so we made a good profit and we didn't have any major security incidences or innapropriate encounters. I guess last year was pretty bad, but we took a lot of precautions and everything went really smooth. I was so relieved! Prayers really are answered. :) We weren't able to dress up because we were supposed to work the whole night and we needed Security to be able to identify who we were, but we did get to wear some lovely bright orange tshirts ha ha. The other girls on STAB (student activities board) and I decided to at least do our make up like zombies so we wouldn't feel completely left out of the festivities. It was fun bonding while we "beautified" ourselves :) and we made great use of the photo booth props before the crowds came.

This picture below pretty much perfectly describes how I felt when I saw
some of the costumes people showed up in. ha ha
I've made some really cute friends this year through student gov!

After 13 hours at the school decorating, preparing, managing crowds, and
cleaning up this is literally how we felt. I have never been more
grateful for warm showers and a squishy mattress. :)

2 comments:

Jami said...

Oh my gosh, you look so scary! I never thought sweet Sheralee could scare me, but if you came after me, I'd run away :) I'm so glad that things went well. I know how stressed being on the activity's committe has made you, and I'm glad that you're having fun. Still stressful, but rewarding. Miss you!

Angie said...

you are so cute and so involved! go you. and your make up is creepy! glad it wasn't as bad as it could've been. :)