Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Almost Finished!! Wahoo!!!! :)

I just got done with my second to last final! Yay! Basically I'm done with school because I do have a final tomorrow but it's not a test or anything stressful so no intense thinking will be required. Thank goodness, my brain hurts!...literally, I'm not even joking. Well maybe it's not my brain but my head really is pounding right now, probably due to way too much studying and a math final very early this morning. That and the fact that I never seem to get very much sleep these days. :)
This has been one very eventful semester! I can't believe it's over. It's amazing how time flies. I don't know where it all went! I've made some great memories this semester and I'm looking forward to a lot more. Random side note....I'm taking guitar lessons next semester!!! :) I'm very happy about this in case you couldn't tell. I took a class last Spring and learned so much but I've been feeling the need to progress and it's hard to do that when you only know so much. Anyway, I just thought of that and felt excited for a second so I thought I would share my happy moment!
Another change will be that I am no longer doing student gov. It's been fun and a great learning experience, but as with most things in life it has it's rough points and with classes and work and everything I decided it's just too much. This is a picture of everyone who has been on SUUSA with me this semester.
Let's see, any other random news?..... Oh I don't think I mentioned that last weekend I went to Bluffdale with Casey for his sister's baby's blessing. We drove up Saturday morning and stayed with his family until Monday morning. It was so fun. :) On Saturday night we went to a cool park and played in "the dome" for a while then went to a Thai food restauraunt and played couples Monopoly with some of his friends. The Thai food was so yummy and the rest was fun but we both got really tired after 2 hours of playing Monopoly so we sold everything we had for a dollar. We were going to go to the Planetarium because we put some really cool glow-in-the-dark constellations on my ceiling, but it was closed for a special event. We have such terrible luck with things like that. It seems like every time we have a great idea of something we want to do it is closed or we can't find it, etc. For example, we wanted to go try the public water slide and it was closed for a water polo tournament (oh I forgot to tell my water slide story! it's a good one...I'll tell it in a minute) so we went to the university pool and it was closed for cleaning or something and we went to rent Jaws but it had disappeared. The clerk said it was there but it wasn't. I know becuase we looked through every single video in Hollywood Video...no joke, every single video. We have an inside joke that it's really because the Jazz announcers listen to our conversations and try to sabotage all of Casey's plans to impress me. ha ha. Sorry I just realized that I got very sidetracked! I seem to lose focus very easily when I'm tired. So anyway, Saturday was fun! Sundays are always wonderful. I love Sundays! Ours this week consisted of watching Anastasia, going to church, dinner at Casey's sisters house after the blessing, a hike up Ferguson Canyon (I think that's what it was called anyway) in our church clothes :), and then relaxing and hanging out at Casey's house with his family. Then on Monday morning we drove home! It really was a fun, relaxing weekend! It made me very happy.
And now the moment you've all been waiting for...the Waterslide Story!! (sorry I am really tired) As I mentioned before, Casey and I really wanted to go play at the city pool and waterslide. I couldn't find a very good picture of the slide, but you can see the tower and part of the slide in this one.
Finally last Tuesday evening we got our chance! There was nobody at the pool or the slide but it was open so we asked if the slide was on and they said it could be for us. They turned it on just for us! It was freezing cold in the tower and kind of dark in the slide but it was so much fun!!! It is actually a really fun waterslide! You ride down on mats and there is so much water flowing out of it that makes you go really fast! We discovered that if you ride two per mat (not suggested for reasons you will soon find out) you can go even faster! So there we were at the waterslide with it all to ourselves and we decided that it would be more exciting if we tried new things every time we went down. Looking back on it now, I realize that some of our ideas really weren't very intelligent but we were having so much fun! Usually I consider myself a somewhat logical person but every once in a while my mind comes up with ideas that....aren't. Yes, this was one of those times. For some reason at that particular time, going down on one mat with our eyes closed seemed like a brilliant plan. It was really fast and exciting and great until we got to the part of the slide where it suddenly turns in the opposite direction and Sheralee's head forgot to. Basically I ended up with a slight concussion. It didn't hurt too bad that night but the next day I definitely felt it! I think it scared Casey really bad when I hit my head but it was kind of nice enjoying the treatment I got when I was sick the next day. :) So that's the waterslide story in a nutshell.
And that's a short summary the exciting happenings in my life these last couple of weeks! Sorry for all of the random tangents and sidenotes.... :)

4 comments:

Sharla said...

Fun post Sheralee, and I love the waterslide story. Uncle Brian is checking for Jazz tickets and it may be in January before we have any. I guess the team goes on a big Eastern road trip during december. We will make this thing happen. So much fun and maybe you and kacey can stay with us that weekend. Keep up your fun and wonderful life. I can't wait to hear you play the guitar. Maybe at Christmas.

Sharla said...

Oh No! I mean Casey! Sorry for the spelling error. I have to think sometimes to spell my own mothers name right. I can blame Chemo. but I think it is just me!

Jami said...

I've been thinking of you often during your finals week, so thanks for the update. I'm glad you're still alive! And I love the fun stories. I'm so glad you had a great weekend with Casey and his family. How far away is Bluffdale from Cedar? I love ya and enjoy your freedom from stress! What are you going to do now?

Angie said...

i love the random tangents and sidenotes! it's so fun to hear what you're up to. we've got to organize this date thing! it will be lots of fun.