Sunday, August 30, 2009
Southern Utah Rocks!
I decided I really live in one of the coolest places anyone could live who loves doing things outdoors. Last week I went sport climbing at Kolob Canyon and went back on Saturday to try it out with Casey, my mom, and Aubree who was home from school for the weekend (yay!). It is gorgeous there. Due to the New Harmony fire the sky was all gray but it was still really pretty.



It's hard to tell from the pictures but the crag we climbed on was really overhanging. It was so steep there were no places to rest your arms unless you jammed a knee (or in Casey's case a head) into one of the larger holes. Let's just put it this way, when you were lowered from the top you would end up about 20-25 feet from the cliff face where you started. My arms got sooo tired!
It was pretty high and yes I got pretty scared! 
Casey was very good at using his head when it came to finding creative ways to get some rest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Wow! That is so hard core. I have come down faces like that, but never gone up! You ladies are so strong and brave. Casey must be a very good teacher. You have such adventures together!!
Your pictures are so beautiful! I love the bright colors of the red rock and green trees. I've been missing Utah a lot lately and I love seeing this post! It really is such an incredible place to live, with so much variety, and lots of fun, active things to do. You guys are so adventurous, I love it! You're totally taking great advantage of all that Utah has to offer. Love it!
Thank you for your comment and those awesome scriptures. I love you!
Post a Comment