Wednesday, September 2, 2009

So long textbook, hello procrastination!

I have one more chapter to read for homework, plus assembling a "teacher survival kit" (a long story for another day), and completing my cultural identity portfolio, but my brain is in need of a break. So I am procrastinating.

I was just reading Angie's blog and she shared a little of her testimony. It sparked my thought process. A couple of weeks ago...actually I think it may have been months...my sister and I got to go to my aunt and uncles singles ward with them. They taught a lesson in the temple prep class about symbols. They talked about a scripture, Moses 6:63 which says "all things have their likeness, and all things are created and made to bear record of [God]..." I've always felt like when I am outside, in the mountains or wherever, it's easier to feel closer to Heavenly Father and the Savior because of all the beautiful creations. I especially love the sky. Sunshine, bright clouds, thunder clouds, rain, snow, sunsets, sunrises...you name it! I love it! Clouds have always been so fascinating. When I was little I use to daydream about how fun it would be if they were giant fluffy pillows that I could jump around in. Anyway, thinking about clouds and about the temple prep lesson one night I decided to change my scripture study up a little bit and just look up all the scriptures with the word cloud/clouds in them. It was cool because almost all of them were about the Savior coming or about leading people, like with the brother of Jared. It was pretty cool you should try it! It adds a whole new perspective when you look up and see a cloud in the sky! I got these pictures one day this summer when we were leaving Cedar City to drive to Salt Lake.


2 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for the idea, I'm definitely going to study that way. What a great idea. And you pictures are inspirational!

Kara said...

That is soo amazing!