Tuesday, September 22, 2009

it's a beautiful view from the top

Last weekend we traveled to Logan for the Top of Utah Marathon. Casey's mom, sister and brother were all running it and I thought it was an awesome experience watching it! I'd never watched a marathon, or even a half-marathon, so it was hard to comprehend someone actually running 26 miles, but they did it! It was incredible to me seeing everyone running so far with so much determination. I was inspired. Matt and Parker eagerly waiting and watching for Ashley.You wouldn't guess from her face that she's been running over 16 miles would you?

Cameron pushing to the end!

Ashley approaching the finish!

Barbara making it to the finish line!

They all did an incredible job and I'm so glad I got to go watch them! It was definitely worth the long drive.


Of course we made a quick stop at Logan Canyon for some climbing after the race.




The following Monday we had a cookout with my family at the other end of the state on Cedar Mountain where Grandma and Grandpa left their trailer for the hunts. The leaves were incredible and we had a great time despite the freezing weather. Fall is officially here!

There was a cool little shelter someone had built near the camp. I wonder if they actually camped in it?! I checked it out for evidence and the only thing I found was a Utah Hogle Zoo map....? The only explanation we could come up with is that big foot was being held captive and made his way to Southern Utah after escaping. There is no better way to eat a hot dog than roasted over a fire. Mm mm mm.
After dinner Mike tried calling in some elk in preparation for the hunt this weekend. Unfortunately we didn't see any elk, but I did get this great shot of my mom's face. :) heehee. It's a classic! Don't you just love those pictures that catch the perfect moment we would never even know happened if we hadn't captured them right in time? I do. They are probably my favorite kinds of pictures. I laughed for at least 15 minutes when I uploaded this picture to the computer and saw it zoomed in.


We went to the overlook and saw the most beautiful sunset!!! My camera didn't even come remotely close to doing it justice. I have daytime pictures to post later of the view (we went climbing at the same spot today) so you can sort of get a taste of what it looked like. It was truly awe inspiring with the fall leaves, the glowing sky, and the fading mountains in the distance. In other news, I'm a mom! Not literally of course. I got a calling in my singles ward as a Family Home Evening mom. I'm excited to get involved and feel more comfortable in my ward. I think it will be a good opportunity to get to know people and to plan some fun activities! I am also hoping it will rejuvenate my enthusiasm for ward activities. Sometimes I feel like I've been in the singles ward scene forever.... Speaking of singles wards, I should watch that movie again. I don't think I've watched it since I actually started attending one. They are definitely full of quirks. :)

I'm thinking there is one other thing I wanted to post about but I can't remember.....If I think of it later I will let you know. That's it for now!

4 comments:

SheraLyn said...

15 minutes? It is not that funny. Okay so maybe it is. I am glad it brought you so much joy. So where are the climbing pics I said you should post? I thought they were cool.

Sharla said...

Hey did you love our little camping spot. We never made a fire, cause we were too tired each night when we got home from our hunt, but we loved the stars and moon and the sound of the elk that we never could find during the day! What a beautiful place. Glad you guys all made it up there!

Sharla said...

Are we not so glad we bring our kids so much joy Shera Lyn! Even if it is when they are laughing at us.

Aubree said...

i miss you guys all of the sudden haha i should just stop looking up all the fun stuff you guys do without me