Box Canyon is a slot canyon that is a branch of Maple Canyon and I thought it was really cool because I've never seen anything like it. There were huge cobblestone cliffs with lots of caves and overhanging places. Very cool.
Sunday Aubree and I practiced our culinary skills and ventured a roast with vegetables for dinner. It turned out quite good we decided! :) The next morning we made biscuits and gravy (a favorite of mine). It was so fun cooking with her in her cute little apartment! We were proud of our accomplishments.
Sunday evening when it cooled down we went to campus for some slacklining. For those of you who may not have heard of it, it basically involves tying a rope between two trees and walking on it. It actually is really fun. And really challenging! It takes a lot of balance but it is very entertaining. Casey is a pro.
I definitely haven't reached the pro status as most of my time spent slacklining looks something like this:

Go Aubree!

Did any of you read the Where's Waldo books? This will be a similar experience only we will call it Where's Casey?
hint: remember his love for climbing things...
Aubree took us to her favorite homework spot, the Manti temple grounds. The Manti temple looks incredible at night when it is all lit up. There is a beautiful place I didn't know about behind the temple where there are rolling grassy hills with lots of trees and it is so beautiful and so peaceful! I wish I could go there every day and do my homework with Aubs.
I decided I really like Ephraim and Manti. Going there brought back lots of fun memories from when Grandpa and Grandma Heap were on their mission and lived in Ephraim. We ate at the Malt Shop in Ephraim that was just around the corner from where they lived when they were there. It was just as tasty as I remembered it being! I only wished they could be there too. I think we're going to have to plan another trip there with more of the family involved. Plus, there is a drive-in movie theatre there and I have yet to check that off my bucket list so we've just got to go back!
Sunday evening when it cooled down we went to campus for some slacklining. For those of you who may not have heard of it, it basically involves tying a rope between two trees and walking on it. It actually is really fun. And really challenging! It takes a lot of balance but it is very entertaining. Casey is a pro.
Did any of you read the Where's Waldo books? This will be a similar experience only we will call it Where's Casey?
Monday it was back to Maple Canyon for another fun day of climbing. I worked on my fear of lead climbing by doing three more routes and I feel a lot more comfortable now. Aubree also came on Monday and I loved having her there!
1 comment:
that was so much fun:) im glad you guys got to come play with me. Is till have leftovers haha yumyum
Post a Comment