Monday, March 1, 2010

Another Cute Book

This post is especially for Sharla, due to her request for book recommendations, but it could also benefit the rest of you if you're into children's books. The book of the hour today is called "Not a Box" and the author is Antoinette Portis. I really, really like this book! It's simple but very cute! It's about what the bunny is imagining the box to be. I like it because I always thought boxes were great toys to play and imagine with! It kind of reminds me of Harold and the Purple Crayon.The Fancy Nancy books are also a hit. I'm sure Cherene knows more than me, she's the book expert! :) These are just some cute one's I've seen lately in my classes.
Today I started my practicum in St. George for this week. We are commuting every day and I am in a 4th grade class. I taught basically the whole day! I was surprised since it was my first day and I hadn't observed the teacher at all, but I enjoyed it. Time passes much more quickly when I'm teaching than when I'm observing. It was fun!

1 comment:

Sharla said...

Thanks Sheralee! I can't wait to get my hands on this one and read. Sounds like you are really doing it in the Block. Brings back so many memories. I still remember your mom teaching in St. George. What great teachers we have in this family!!