Sunday, March 21, 2010

I promise I had really good intentions of updating this week! Sadly enough the laptop I had with me decided to stop working on the first day of our Spring Break trip so I was unable to update or do homework! I have been scrambling this afternoon and evening to complete lots of assignments due tomorrow and I decided I will do a quick post. I don't have time for everything so it will have to come in short spurts!

I'll start todoay with some pre-spring break news.

First of all, we went to Michelle's baby shower! It was so fun and so pink!! The decorations were great, the food was great, and the company was great! I loved seeing all the cute little girl stuff she received. There were lots of oohs and aahs as we watched Michelle open the gifts. So many cute things! I loved shopping with Mom and Miralva for our gift. We found the cutest little swimsuit! I was so excited about it. It was also fun riding up with the girls and basking in all of Cherene's teaching wisdom. I love having so many family resources to get ideas from!

So cute right?!!! I love it and can't wait to see the baby in it!

The other good news is that Casey got some new climbing shoes. I have to share this because it was so fun enjoying his anticipation and excitement! Apparantly these shoes are the top climbing shoes on the market and a lot of the pros use them. Casey tried ordering them through the school but after about a month of waiting he found out the order didn't go through. He was still able to get a good deal online but there was more waiting! He got another good deal on a pair of shoes so he ordered those also and every day we checked for packages. The time came for me to leave for the shower, and the shoes had still not arrived. We decided to check outside and just see if the UPS truck was in sight. Lo and behold, it was!!! It kept turning down side streets and taking forever, but Casey patiently waited on the lawn. Finally it stopped at our house and the mailman got out with a box in tow! It was the cheaper pair of shoes. That of course was exciting, but the top of the line shoes hadn't made it. More waiting....
The next Monday we drove to my house after school and there on the porch lay a package.
A beautiful brown package. It was like Christmas had arrived on our porch in March.

Happiness.

3 comments:

Sharla said...

Kid in a Candy store! I love it. Oh the simple pleasures that make life fun. Keep on taking such fun adventures and getting excited about a great pair of shoes. It is like Beanz with a new Lacrosse stick. Now he plays so much better!! Loved the baby outfit and the shower was such a great family bonding time!!

Angie said...

Hehehe! Your story about Casey's shoes made me giggle. It reminds me so much of Klane when he orders something new he's really excited about. And I still can't get over how cute that baby swimsuit is! So fun. Thanks again for coming up to the shower, it was good to see you! Too bad I was so busy with shower prep and such that we didn't get to sit and talk much. But it was fun to see you!

Laura y Adam said...

Hahaha! I love it! oh the joy!