We had it all planned out to go one afternoon. We went to the Olympic Oval and I felt butterflies as we drove up because I was so excited! Seriously, I've always dreamed of going. We took pictures outside of course because it was a momentous occasion for me.
Unfortunately when we got inside we found out it wasn't open for public skating until later in the evening.
We were already out, so we decided to drive to Copperton. For those of you who may not know, Copperton is a small town just outside the Kennecott Copper mine. It made me laugh when we got there because we had been discussing cottages and it was street after street of cottage heaven! Maybe not heaven because they looked kind of old....but there were lots of small houses! It is a really random little town. It kind of reminded me of someplace that would be in a creepy movie. There is a park there that Casey went to one time when he was in high school so we went there and played frisbee. Random!
My frisbee skills may need a little work. They may even need a lottle work. But it was fun!
Finally the next evening my dreams of skating came true. I was not the least bit disappointed! I very thoroughly enjoyed myself. I didn't even fall one time! I also didn't figure out how to turn fast, glide with one leg out, or go backwards but hey it's a start. We took some videos but I don't have them here so I'll have to upload them later (they aren't very impressive trust me). I can't wait to go again!
Finally the next evening my dreams of skating came true. I was not the least bit disappointed! I very thoroughly enjoyed myself. I didn't even fall one time! I also didn't figure out how to turn fast, glide with one leg out, or go backwards but hey it's a start. We took some videos but I don't have them here so I'll have to upload them later (they aren't very impressive trust me). I can't wait to go again!
2 comments:
You and Casey are so cute!! I'm glad you fulfilled your lifelong dream of ice skating! It is so much fun. I'm sure with a few more trips to the rink you'll be flipping triple axels before you know it. ;) I laughed when you said your skills needed a "lottle" work. Hehe, you're so cute Lee! I love you.
Oh I love you sheralee. You are so dang cute and I hope we get to see you this conference weekend.
Post a Comment