Thursday, May 6, 2010

the Biggest and Best news!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the moment we've all been waiting for! Yes, it's true, I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wahoo!!!!!!!
Sorry I know many of you have been waiting for this post. It has been a whirlwind of a week! This is the first chance I've had to post but I'm staying up late just so you won't be left in suspense any longer. Here's a quick recap of how it happened!
Sunday afternoon Casey and I drove to northern Utah to visit his family. We decided it would be nice to have a little vacation after finishing the semester and we figured we could wash some windows to make a little money during the week. We made plans to go shopping to find me some cute shorts Monday morning, followed by lunch, after which we were going to go on a little hike before heading to Little Cottonwood Canyon for some climbing with his brother in law Matt. I woke up feeling excited for a relaxing fun day!
We went shopping and found some very cute shorts for me! That is a very important detail. :) Ok, maybe not really, but I was kind of excited at the time.
We stopped for lunch at Quiznos and then drove to the Rocky Mouth trailhead. I had never been there before but Casey told me it was on the way and I would love it because it's such a pretty place. We got out of the car and Casey went to the trunk to get his "jacket." I was oblivious to the fact that he had a ring hidden in his backpack there so I followed him back. I'm not sure why I did.... I just like being with him I guess! He grabbed his jacket, shut the trunk, and we started walking towards the trail. After only a few steps he said, "shoot! I lost my phone again!" so he went back to the car and started looking through. Luckily I didn't follow him this time and he told me he found it in the trunk. We hiked up a short trail and at the top there was a beautiful little waterfall that led into a stream. There were lots of pretty rock faces with moss on them so I was taking pictures trying to get a cute one of both of us. We climbed up the rocks so we were right at the base of the waterfall and tried taking some more pictures. Casey pointed out a cool moth on the rock behind me and told me to take a picture of it. I turned around and was taking a picture with my finger next to it to show how big it was (I tried to load the picture but I think the battery of my camera died before I could upload it). He said he had something in his shoe and started to bend down to fix it. When I turned around he was on one knee opening a ring box!!!!!!!!!! My heart felt like this: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so surprised!!! And then he said, "Sheralee will you marry me?" I felt so so happy and it was wonderful!
Casey is so sweet and I feel like a very lucky girl! I'm glad that he surprised me, that's how I always hoped it would happen. He's perfect for me! I'm so excited to get married to my best friend! I love the ring Casey picked out. It's simple and beautiful and perfect. I love seeing it sparkle! I especially love that it's the one he picked out and he even did some studying to find out what makes a diamond good. He said every little diamond is perfectly in place. He is the sweetest!!
We're going to get married July 30th in the Draper temple. We went to the open house there together and we both thought it was beautiful and just felt like home. Yesterday afternoon I was starting to feel overwhelmed with all the planning and everything because it was happening so fast so we hopped in the car together and drove to the temple grounds. I felt so peaceful and happy and content! I'm excited to buy my dress and pick flowers and a cake, but the most important part is that I will get to be sealed to my best friend to grow together through all eternity!

11 comments:

Angie said...

Yayayayayayay!!!!!! You're right, I have been waiting for this post!!!! I'm so so happy for you!!! Your engagement story was so cute and I love your ring! Do you keep staring at it in disbelief? That's what I did. Haha. It's so pretty and I'm so happy Casey surprised you and picked it out himself! That's the best. YAY!!!

I am really hopeful I can make it work to be there that weekend! My parents will actually be in Alaska that week, so it's hard because I wasn't planning on staying in Utah if they weren't going to be there. But maybe I can stay in their house by myself all week! I don't know, I hope I can figure something out, ever since I moved away I've been hoping I'd be able to make it to your wedding! Yay I'm so excited for you!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Sharla said...

I am so excited for you and Casey, and yes you have held us in suspense for quite some time. Good things are worth waiting for!!

I feel sad that we will be gone, but we will be here for all the exciting preparation, ie showers, planning, and of course watching you two cute love birds.

good for you, life is going to really be great!

Sharla said...

Wow! I forgot to say how impressed I was at all the planning that Casey did and how he made it all so perfect and a huge surprise. That shows what a thoughtful and prince charming kind-of husband he will make and I could not be more thrilled with all of this.

SheraLyn said...

I have been checking your blog all week. It was fun to hear the story again with a few more details. You left out dad's favorite part. He loves how you said no way in a happy, excited, yes of course, sort of way. Hee hee! Anyway, I am excited to see you in person and see that ring and to get busy planning:)

Miralva & Mason said...

O sheralee I am so excited!! Such wonderful news to hear you are engaged! I can't wait to see you too in the Temple. It will be so wonderful for the two of you. I love you and am very, Very happy for you!

kent and alyssa said...

Yep... that was pretty much perfect!! I am so very happy for you. You are such a wonderful person and Casey is a very lucky man! I'm so happy that you are happy :D You deserve it! Love you!

akrollins said...

I am so excited for you. Congrats.

Heather Rae said...

Yay! I am so excited for you! I love how you described your heart pounding, by the way. It made me smile.

If you need any help at all let me know! I have time to spare! Congratulations!

Laura y Adam said...

Sheralee! CONGRATS CHICA!!! I am so so happy for you both! Married life is the BEST! You are so beautiful and you look so happy! Best wishes to the both of you. Planning is way fun, don't let it stress you ;)

Unknown said...

Congrats Sheralee! I'm so excited for you!!

Brandi said...

Sheralee! I am so happy for you. Thanks for sharing your story. Gave me goosebumps:)