Monday, May 19, 2008

fun at the farm




Cam and I were hanging out at the farm on Friday and took these pics before we went on a ride. It was my favorite time of day right before the sun goes down....sigh. I love being at the farm at that time of day. It makes me feel very thoughtful and peaceful and so happy. I feel so blessed to have farming and horses and all that in my family. I'm such a lucky girl! The weather has been so great these last couple of weeks so I've been able to go on a few fun rides. It totally beats homework and stress! And Cameron is such a funny little bro. I love hanging out and talking to him, he cracks me up. :) The things he says always keep us entertained and spiritually on track. Kind of a cute story about him... before he went to the priesthood session with my dad he was feeling a little ornery so he didnt really want to go and said he'd just sleep the whole time. When he got home my mom asked him how it was and tears filled his eyes. He said, "You know how when you read the scriptures there are different prophets speaking but there's always the same voice? It's like the voice of the Lord speaking through his servants. Well tonight when President Monson was speaking I heard that voice and I haven't felt that from him before. I know he's the right prophet now." That's pretty close to how he said it anyway. Isn't that kind of profound though? He's just so thoughtful and his heart is so pure! He thinks of little insights that I guess the rest of us would probably miss because we're too busy worrying about silly things that don't really matter. He's great. :)

2 comments:

Jami said...

Sheralee, my friend. Thanks for putting this post up. I loved it and I needed it. I love to see our siblings growing so strong in the gospel. It's such a blessing. Whew, thanks for the reminder that school won't last forever. I certainly needed that today. I'll e-mail you when I get the chance. Love you tons.
Jami

Angie said...

Cam is awesome! What a great story! That really is a very insightful comment and so true.
I miss being around farming and horses, i wish I could get down to So Utah more often to soak that in. It's so relaxing and so fun. You really are a lucky girl!