Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Just thinking...
Once again I am at my job and everyone is gone to lunch. I need a quick break from scanning. It's so quiet! It leaves so much thinking time. So I was just thinking (ha ha bet you didn't see that one coming! :) ) and I decided that I have had a very good life! I'm feeling kind of nostalgic right now. I love thinking about all of my memories I've made, I have so many good ones and I'm even grateful for the kind of painful ones because they're usually the ones that have stretched me the most. I've had so many people touch my life. I kind of like to imagine Heavenly Father seeing me and saying "Ok I think Sheralee needs a little Jami Joy in her life" or "I better send Sheralee to SheraLyn because they would be best friends." Seriously there are so many people, cousins, aunts, uncles, siblings, friends, or even people I only know for a few minutes, who have little or sometimes really big influences in who I am. I remember this one girl who came to my young womens when I was probably about 13 and she was just a visitor, but we did this activity where they had us fill out a sheet about ourselves. I don't even remember what it was for or what exactly the lesson was on (terrible I know!) but I remember one of the questions was "who is your hero?" I remember when that girl read hers she said the Savior and I really could tell that she meant it! I didn't even know her but she just had this peaceful glowy kind of countenance and I wanted to be like her. I still remember that after all these years! I wish I knew who she is so I could thank her. Then of course there are people like Grammy Marilyn who do so many little things to show how much they love people. And spending weeks with my cousin Angie being so silly! I love those memories. And Sister Hinckley, although I've never met her, is so happy and down to earth and makes everybody who knows her a better person. I hope I can become like her some day. There are countless others...I am just so blessed to know so many incredible people! Hopefully I can live up to everything I've been given. So anyway, that's my thoughts. :) I need to post pictures from our LeFevre family reunion. We got caught in flash flooding!!! It was so exciting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sheralee I love you! Thanks for your thoughts. You have definitely been one of the people who has touched my life for the better. You have always been such a strong example to me of someone who knows who she is and stands for what is right. I love you and I am so grateful for all the good (and crazy) memories we have together! (I still can't figure out how we got on the subject of "fat rolls" that one night. Hahaha!) Thanks for a lifetime of memories, I hope we always stay friends.
I needed to hear your peaceful, beautiful thoughts today. I miss you and love you so much! It's true and incredible how many people shape us into who we are today. You are definitely a big part of me, and I'm eternally grateful for that.
Love Jami
What an amazing young lady you are. Whom ever lands you is going to be one lucky guy!! Thank you for your sweet and gentle ways and for being such a great example. We are so blessed to have the family we do. I loved growing up with my best friends as well and I still feel that way. You are going to get more and more busy, so it is good to take these moments of peace and reflect. You are awesome, love ya
Post a Comment