A lot of college students, probably the majority, spend a lot of time studying and stressing about big projects, hard assignments, difficult labs, etc. My Fall 2009 semester has been the complete opposite. This semester has been so easy I am actually wishing that I had a difficult class! I miss the "learning" part of going to school. Sometimes I question if the things I am doing in class are actually worth the money I spent to take them. Don't get me wrong, I love my major and I've enjoyed the majority of my classes but some of them I am currently taking seem a little like fluff. Maybe I should expect a little of that being an elementary education major with an early childhood emphasis. There is, however, one class that I thoroughly enjoy. Creative Arts!! I feel like we are actually productive in that class and I have gathered a ton of good ideas of things I would like to do with my own students someday. I decided to share with you a few of the projects. Prepare to be amazed by my mad first grade skills. :)
Project 1: Fall Leaf Printing
Art Concept: printing


Project 2: "Not-A-Box"s (used with the very cute book "Not A Box" )
Art Concept: 2-Dimensional and 3-Dimensional

Project 4: Finger Puppets
Art Concept: drama/puppetry
I made mine to go with the song "5 Little Speckled Frogs" to teach simple subtraction.
Project 5: Wild Thing (used with the book Where the Wild Things Are)
Art Concept: Actual and Simulated Textures
Project 6: Primary Colors Quilt
Art Concept: primary colors (bet you didn't guess that one!)

Project 7: Leaf Pictures
Art Concept: To be perfectly honest I can't remember...but they look cool! And I probably shouldn't brag, but mine definitely turned out the best.

Project 8: Paper Sack Puppet
Art Concept: drama/puppetry
5 comments:
Looking at your amazing first grade art projects totally took me back to elementary school days. I remember doing some of those same things! I bet you love doing those kinds of fun projects in college. You picked a fun major!! What was I thinking? All I did was scrape teeth! Haha. Hang in there with the fluff classes. Those are always tedious. You're going to be such a great teacher though, and it'll all be worth it.
What class did you do all these projects in? I think your projects turned out so cute! I totally agree with you on some of the classes we have to take are BORING!
I'm jealous. I wish I made puppets in college. These are great ideas for projects I can do with my kids when they get older.
CUTE!!!!
Wow can i trade places with you? I have no fun classes like that!
I think i know what i want to major in now... Maybe i can teach at the same school as you! Well keep on having fun with your leaf pictures and puppets:)
Post a Comment