Tuesday, November 17, 2009

More homework!! Who would've thought that was a good thing?!

I just finished another fun project for one of my classes. The challenge was to create a poster that promotes multicural education in our classrooms. I went with a sea theme and I think it turned out pretty cute! I watercolored designs on paper, then drew the sea creatures on the paper and cut them out (I cheated and looked at some clip art to get ideas for drawing them). I put them on the poster with a corny, yet appropriate for young students, poem that I made up and voila! A masterpiece. :) I'm kind of a dork and probably take way too much pride in these sorts of things...but I really had fun! Maybe a little too much. I probably spent way more time than was really necessary to get a good grade but I really wanted it to turn out nice. I think my students will approve. And be sure to notice the turtle, that's my favorite part! Who knew I could actually draw a cute turtle?!

Credit must go to Casey for the last line of the poem. I was having a hard time thinking of a good word that rhymed and worked with the message I was trying to portray and he came up with "variety". Genius :)

Now I'm afraid I must work on the boring part of the assignment and write a paper about it.

2 comments:

Angie said...

How cute is this? I love your major. And I love the turtle you drew. I've said it before but you're going to be the best teacher ever. I'm excited to see you next week! Just six days! (i'm totally counting down.)

Jami said...

You're adorable. This is precicely why you'll be an incredible elementary teacher: you're crafty, cutsey, sincere, loving, and just enough of a perfectionist to make sure everything is neat and professional-looking (even when it takes more hours).