Monday, April 12, 2010

April showers bring snow sculptures and b-day bashes!

April is a good month. Yes I seem to have a billion assignments, interviews, and tests as the semester is drawing to an end, but it is ok because there are so many wonderful things going on!

First of all, it's finally getting warmer! At least one half of every week feels like Spring! The other half feels like winter with snowstorms galore, but hey I'll take what little warmth I can get! Besides, March and April snow storms have proven to be excellent snow sculpturing occasions. This year we decided to try a stegosaurus. Yes we know it looks like an iguana.


Second of all, we celebrated Casey's birthday last weekend! He will be gone on a geology fieldtrip the day of his birthday so we celebrated a week early. We had a bbq at my house and the cupcakes I made actually turned out quite delicious!Our friends little boys had a great time "tricking" Casey into coming outside so they could silly string him. They were in heaven!

I have been wanting to get Casey some basketball shoes and my wish came true when I found a pair of Converse shoes on sale for a really good deal. I couldn't wait to give them to him, so I was kind of glad we got to celebrate early. I probably would have spilled the beans and ruined the surprise if I had needed to wait any longer!
My mom and dad got him a new basketball to go with the shoes. He has been having a great time enjoying our gifts!
(In this picture he was actually spinning the ball...just so you know. I thought it was funny that it looks like he just has it perfectly balanced!)

2 comments:

Sharla said...

Hey, your mom is the greatest! She makes the bestest dinners and host the bestest parties. What a fun party and the cupcakes looked yummy! Your cute boyfriend had a great b-day it looked like he was a happy camper! I love your positive attitude!

Angie said...

Okay, is Casey not the cutest thing ever? He is adorable, Lee. Good job on snagging such a cutie. ;) Haha, hopefully that wasn't creepy of me, but really, he's adorable so I had to comment. Also adorable: your dinosaur cupcakes and that amazing (once again) snow sculpture. You are beautiful in all the pictures too! Love ya lots.