I absolutely love General Conference! Nothing beats relaxing all weekend with loved ones and treats, listening to the Prophet and General Authorities of the church. I always feel so inspired and motivated to be better! I love how peaceful and confident each of the speakers seem. It's a good reminder that we really don't need to worry. Casey and I are at his house in Bluffdale for the weekend and it's been fun. Between sessions we went swimming at the Saratoga Springs pool which is heated by hot springs. So nice in this freezing weather!
I finally got videos from our Spring Break adventures uploaded to the computer so I decided it's time to update my blog. I forgot to take my camera (which probably wouldn't have been very useful anyway because it dies after 3 pictures) so unfortunately I didn't get any photographs. We've been working on a climbing video so my parents were nice enough to let me borrow their videocamera and I got lots of great footage. We spent the week climbing at Ibex (west of Delta), Joe's Valley (near Price), and Little Cottonwood Canyon (by Salt Lake). We also got to spend about half the week at Casey's house which was also really fun! We did some slacklining, played basketball, cleaned some branches up from their yard, played on a zipline, watched movies, and got some shopping done as well. It was so much fun to play and relax with Casey all week. I'm putting a video of Casey climbing so you can see how amazing he is. The problem he does in the video is called Big Gulp and it is a V8 at Ibex. He sent it after wearing himself out climbing all day. It was pretty exciting when he got it!
The only bad thing about spring break was how hard it was going back to school once it was over. We only have a few more weeks left in the semester though. I can't believe it's almost over! I'm excited to be done with school but it's kind of bitter sweet because Casey will be moving home for the summer. I haven't decided what to do for the summer. Stay in Cedar or move north somewhere to work?.... Decisions, decisions. I'll probably just end up wherever I can get a job. My piano job ends in May when school gets out for the middle schoolers so I need to find some summer employment. Sometimes I think it would be nice to be a kid again and spend the summer watching cartoons, playing on slip n' slides and going on "summer school" field trips with mom. Maybe I'll just have a lemonade stand. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i love you! great post, sounds like you had a nice spring break. i also can't believe school is almost over. three weeks from today we will be in new york, and i can't believe it. it's crazy! life comes at you fast. If you end up living up north for the summer, maybe we could go to lunch while i'm here for three weeks in may. just an idea.
p.s. i can't wait to see this climbing video! that reach of casey's was pretty impressive!
Post a Comment