I just got out of my last class. Yahoo!!! No more homework!! I only have three finals next week and only one of them will require studying so I'm practically done with the semester! I'm excited to be done, and yet there's this extremely sentimental side of me that has a hard time with change. I'm excited to live with my family again and for all the joys of summer but I'm sad my roommates are leaving and I won't live in my cute house anymore. It has been a really good year. I'm grateful for this year. We had a barbecue in my backyard last night with a bunch of our friends and neighbors. We had lots of yummy food and dry ice root beer (which I love! I seriously drank probably a gallon of it all by myself...not good) and the weather has been beautiful the last couple of days. I loved it.
Funny random story: My rooommate Sydney was at the ELC (a computer lab on campus) a couple of nights ago working on some end of semester projects. There are always those students who look really stressed out and frazzled, you know how it goes and we've probably all been there before. Well on this certain night an anonymous person came to sit at the computer next to Syd and she was definitely in the stressed out category. She kept muttering under her breath and deleting her typed paper every couple of minutes. Soon the muttering grew in volume until earphones weren't even helpful in blocking out the distraction. Finally after much trepidation she finished her paper and printed it out (according to Sydney it was about 6 pages long, and yes that will become a significant fact when you hear the rest of the story). She came back to her computer, read through the first part of her paper, said, "This is crap" and tore it up into little tiny pieces. Here comes the strange part....she then proceeded to eat the little tiny pieces! And didn't stop until her whole entire paper was consumed!! Yeah. That's when you know you've gone way past the point when you need to stop doing homework and go have a bowl of ice cream.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha! Are you serious?! I never eat my crappy papers; I burn them ritualistically whilst dancing in circles and consuming mass amounts of Jamba Juice.
Post a Comment