Friday, April 24, 2009

that's what brothers are for

This morning as I was driving to work I heard a song called Brothers by Dean Brody. It's a country song, but I like country. :) Even if you don't like country, it's a good song. I would strongly recommend listening to it!! So anyway, I was driving along listening to this song and it made me think of my own brothers. I have really good brothers. Sure I've had to endure lots of teasing but I think in the long run it's only been good for me. I think both of my brothers are exceptional. Seriously. They both have really strong testimonies and have always been good examples for me. When I think of my brothers (and the rest of my family, parents and sister included...even my extended family) I feel so lucky and it's like my stomach gets this warm, about-to-spill-over feeling of love inside. I know that sounded extremely corny and cheesy but it really is like that! I don't know how to describe it. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. I definitely was sent to my family for a reason. They're the best friends I've ever had.


Mason with his fiance Miralva
Mason and I are only 18 months apart so when we were little and lived in Panguitch we were constantly playing together. We went on adventures in the Archie's old house next door and built "the Aladdin hotel" in the sagebrush lot behind it. We were in clogging together, we rode horses and fished together, played on the same t-ball team, etc. He's always been really protective and when we were in elementary school he walked me to my class every single morning. Not many brothers would be thoughtful enough to do that. Some of my favorite memories from high school are riding to school in Mason's maroon Ford blasting acdc and Johnny Cash. Even though he was often frustrated with me for not being ready in time. :) When he was going to college before he left on his mission when we moved we would be getting ready for bed at the same time and he would sit on the counter and just visit with me. I loved getting letters from him on his mission. I love him.


Aubree, Cameron and I in Zion
Cameron is 6 years younger than me and has been so much fun to have in our family. He provides our family with some very good entertainment. He has always been a thinker ever since he was just a little guy. One time when he was probably only about 4 or 5 he came out of the bathroom after being in there for a very long time. He had quite a concerned look on his face and when we asked him what was wrong he said he had been thinking about eternity and it made his stomach feel sick because he couldn't quite grasp it. How many little kids that age think about stuff that deeply? His turn for family prayer was always the favorite because he just had conversations with Heavenly Father. One time he blessed "our offspring, and their offspring, and their offspring" :) and he was always helping me be better with his prayers to help me not be so bossy. I don't know what we would do without all of his knowledge he so willingly shares with us. He is one of those kids that says the darndest things. I love him tool


I haven't lived with my other brother for a while, even though I know he's with us a lot, and sometimes I don't remember him as often as I should. I'm so grateful for my brother (and yours!) Jesus Christ. He makes everything better. He is always there to protect me and pray for me just like my brothers here. I'm so glad he doesn't give up on me even when I'm not the most reliable sister I could be. He's my best friend and I love him too!!

Yay for brothers!!!! Thank you for everything.

1 comment:

Angie said...

i love you. you are awesome. i want to be more like you. beautiful thoughts, beautiful words! i love your brothers and mine too!