Monday, July 27, 2009

climbing and floating...quickly becoming my two favorite verbs

I took the Praxis (I think I did pretty well! I felt good about it anyway...so hopefully I passed) and I gave my talk. Phew! Now I have some free time to post.
Last week was an awesome and eventful week! Casey and I got to go to an Outdoor Retail show in Salt Lake (supposedly the largest outdoor retail show in the U.S.) and the Mammut Bouldering championship. The championship featured some of the best climbers in the world. Talk about some super buff climbers! It was quite exciting and inspiring! The boulder comp finals were on top of the Shiloh Inn parking garage which was cool. It was a fun sporting event to go to because the crowd got sooo into it! All the fans were yelling and cheering for every climber. It was cool how everyone was excited about everyone's success.
Did I mention how amazingly strong these climbers were? HUGE muscles!

Our friends who also went to the retail show and bouldering comp.
Top: Me, Casey, Tommy. Bottom: Corbin, Sam, and Rob (who got us the free passes!). We were sitting/standing by the mom of the kid doing the sideways hanging move (I'm not sure exactly what to call it, but it was impressive!). He's only 16 and he won second place! There were only 2 climbers who finished all of the problems and he was one of them. It was so fun to watch how excited his mom was every time he made it to the top. It was cute. :)


Then on the 24th we got to go to Hatch with my family and float the Sevier River on innertubes and little rafts. Some of the Wal-Mart rafts and tubes didn't quite make it to the end but we still had a blast floating and skipping rocks!

No comments: