That afternoon we went to American Fork Canyon. I sport climbed one route with Casey, Tommy and Bridget before heading back to the visitors center where I met my family and we hiked to the Timpanogas Caves. It was a hot, steep hike but it was worth it!
There were some really cool formations. This one is called the heart of Timpanogas.
Me with my "cavers pack" as Ranger Deb, our guide through the cave, called them. We had to wear our backpacks backwards so we wouldn't hit the formations while we were going through the tunnels.



Apparantly this formation looks like a crocodile eating something. Ranger Deb had a very vivid imagination. :)

And this one looks like a Saint Bernard!

That night we went to Aubree's concert which was the main reason for our trip. She is part of the Utah Ambassadors of Music program this summer and they had rehearsals and a concert before they left on their tour of Europe! She actually called this morning from Austria! I would love to go there someday. It sounds like she is having a blast and I'm so excited that she got this opportunity. I put in this clip of one of their songs they performed at their concert. Casey did the filming while I ran out into the hall to give directions on my phone. He was slightly bored as I'm sure you will soon notice. :) hee hee That boy always makes me laugh! Make sure you watch until the clapping, that's his favorite part. I watched it on my camera later that night and maybe I was just really tired but I could not stop laughing!


Apparantly this formation looks like a crocodile eating something. Ranger Deb had a very vivid imagination. :)
And this one looks like a Saint Bernard!
That night we went to Aubree's concert which was the main reason for our trip. She is part of the Utah Ambassadors of Music program this summer and they had rehearsals and a concert before they left on their tour of Europe! She actually called this morning from Austria! I would love to go there someday. It sounds like she is having a blast and I'm so excited that she got this opportunity. I put in this clip of one of their songs they performed at their concert. Casey did the filming while I ran out into the hall to give directions on my phone. He was slightly bored as I'm sure you will soon notice. :) hee hee That boy always makes me laugh! Make sure you watch until the clapping, that's his favorite part. I watched it on my camera later that night and maybe I was just really tired but I could not stop laughing!
The next day we went to all sorts of fun places. Starting with the Utah Museum of Natural History. Very cool!
They had a frog exhibit there that was really fun. There were toads from all over of every shape and size!

I finally got to see a Kaibab squirrel!! When we went to the Grand Canyon we stayed at a campground in the Kaibab National Forest and they have a type of squirrel there that isn't found anywhere else and it has a white bushy tail. I never saw one while we were there despite my searching and hunting so I was excited to see one at the museum! Unfortunately it was stuffed.



Our next stop was the Zoo. I love seeing all the animals. My only wish was that they had lions and gorillas. The rest of the animals were very fascinating though!





Aubree thought this elephant looked very sad. If a few of the animals at the zoo go missing, we might know where to find them. 
After the zoo we had a quick stop at the This Is the Place monument. We only got to go on one short train ride before they closed but it looks like it would be a really fun place to go! They've made this little pioneer village with a bunch of different shops and houses you can go to like you're living in pioneer times. Maybe I'm a dork but I think that kind of stuff is so fun!


Finally that evening we went to the Stadium of Fire to celebrate the 4th of July. Parking was rediculous but it was pretty cool. And we got to see the Jonas Brothers live in concert! Wahoo!! haha
Finally that evening we went to the Stadium of Fire to celebrate the 4th of July. Parking was rediculous but it was pretty cool. And we got to see the Jonas Brothers live in concert! Wahoo!! haha
Aubree was feeling quite thrilled about the featured band. :) They actually were pretty good at live performances I'll admit.

Sunday afternoon Aubree and I kept ourselves entertained with pictures jumping on the trampoline. Jumping pictures, whether they be in sand dunes, on trampolines, or simply on the ground, are quite entertaining! You never know exactly how they'll turn out which makes it fun. I like the element of surprise I guess. :)
Sunday afternoon Aubree and I kept ourselves entertained with pictures jumping on the trampoline. Jumping pictures, whether they be in sand dunes, on trampolines, or simply on the ground, are quite entertaining! You never know exactly how they'll turn out which makes it fun. I like the element of surprise I guess. :)
My sister is so cool. I'm excited for her to be home again! She's a fun pal.
2 comments:
1. I love your family.
2. those jumping pictures are awesome.
3. you guys did so many cool things up there! I didn't even know about that museum.
4. that was THE most entertaining choir concert video I have ever seen. and I have seen many. It wasn't just you, I also laughed out loud throughout the whole thing. Casey is awesome.
Well, it must getting pretty late. . . because I laughed pretty hard at that video too! I went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house too, and it was absolutely amazing! I am even more excited to go there one day now! And the cave pictures made me think of going there for youth conference with Becky. . . What fun that was!
Anyway, I still have more catching up to do on your blogs but I have loved reading about your adventures so far!
Post a Comment