Friday, April 16, 2010

...continued

Ok I have some more details that I knew before but my mind is racing and I can't concentrate so I forgot to mention them...but I want to. :)
First of all, I don't know what grade or school yet. Hopefully I'll found out soon because I feel a strong need to be prepared so I have just been looking up random stuff for every grade level! haha. I have a job right now working as a "research assistant" for the Dean of Education and we are setting up a website to help first year teachers. It's perfect because I can look up useful stuff and use it!
Second of all, after the first 12 weeks (which will count as student teaching) I will get paid full salary and benefits. I am slightly excited about that bit of information.
As soon as I have updates, I will share them.
Thank you family and friends for being wonderful and sharing in my excitement with me!

3 comments:

Miralva & Mason said...

O Sheralee I'm so happy for u! I know you will do an awesome job teaching the cute little kids, or what grade they put you in. see you later!

Jami said...

I was just thinking about the pay and benefits but didn't want to be the raincloud, so didn't know how to ask :) That is INCREDIBLE. It's like you have your first job lined out before you've even completed student teaching! And so close to home! I couldn't be more thrilled for you.

Have you thought about whether you'll commute or get an apt. there? I agree with you: the perfect world would be us being able to teach school in the same place! Are you certified up to 5th grade? Because I am 6-12, so technically there could be an overlap where we teach at the same school and eat lunch together and swap silly stories. . .

THAT would be heaven. Crossing my fingers.

I am THRILLED and BUBBLING OVER for you, girl. :D :D :D

Sharla said...

Hooray for another great teacher in a long line of the greatest. And even in St. George where your sweet mom got her start and I believe got engaged and eveything! Whoot Whoot! Love you and we are so proud of you in all you do!